- Management Accounts
- Accounts preparation
- Self Assessment Tax Returns
- Commercial awareness
- Bank loan covenants
- Bank lending
- Limited Accounts
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Cash Control
- Cash Flow Management
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Team building
Do your current accountants provide just year end accounts, and never pick up the phone when you need them?
We provide an all round service including those year end accounts and tax returns AND quarterly management accounts, analysis, cash flows, payroll, VAT returns, and adhoc advice or assistance.
That adhoc advice can be with areas such as bank loans, best ways to take money out of the company, and sometimes just that trusted finance shoulder to lean on.
We are very price competitive with other accountants, but provide a much more comprehensive package, alongside friendly, supportive and accommodating service, tailor made to your business.
We always seek to understand your business and challenges to ensure we add value. We aim to feel like part of part of your team, always on hand to help.
The Small Business Accountant
The North London Network Ltd T/A Martyn Gerrard
Financial Controller100+ Employees 2020 - 2020
Rebuilt morale in a previously leaderless and demoralised team
Navigating the company through the Covid pandemic securing government grants and loans successfully
Sensitivity analysis through the Covid period
Restructured business processes, creating efficiencies and greater accountability
Freelance Finance Professional
Freelance1 - 5 Employees 2019 - 2019
Assisted various sized enterprises with profitability analysis, cash flow, management and year end accounting, partner profit share disputes, self assessment tax returns, Companies House returns, updates and changes
Graphite London Limited
Financial Controller6 - 20 Employees 2014 - 2019
Graphite London Limited is a management company providing management services to other entities with the same management team. Graphite is comprised of, Urban Study; a student accommodation developer in major cities across the UK and Riverstone; a retirement living developer as part of a joint venture with a large investment entity, as well as other various other small entities.
· Reported into the CEO.
· Managed a team of four and also third-party relationship for outsourced tasks.
· Main finance lead on a refinance alongside the CEO.
· Direct contact with investors, dealing with queries and providing calculations and explanations.
· Supported embedding of new directors into the company
· Provided analysis on the feasibility of potential sites using commercial acumen.
· Headed monthly meetings with directors to present forecasts of the property projects, assessing current financial position and options.
· Worked alongside the CFO in launch of new entity, Riverstone, supporting transition from investment set up team to new working entity team
· Ensured compliance with the strict VAT rules that apply to the property industry.
· Created a financial model that showed cashflow, profitability and IRR across the group.
· Ran the consolidated cash flow across all of the SPVs (special purpose vehicles), reporting to the directors, and producing models to assess different facility options.
· Consolidated accounting information from various management companies employed by the company.
· Project management overseeing the accounting and general business running 20 entities.
· Liaised with accountants, tax advisers, lawyers, senior banking staff, project managers, and various property and building consultants.
· Multi tasked to work flexibly and adapt to various tasks as necessary when working for a small entity.
Darlow Smithson Productions Limited
Financial Controller100+ Employees 2011 - 2014
· Managed a team of 4.
· Ran the budgeting and forecasting process in conjunction with the finance director.
· Presented the budgets & forecasts to the Business Affairs team on a weekly basis.
· Worked in conjunction with the financial heads at group level companies to integrate a new accounting system (PMI).
· Analysed cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis to submit to the group treasury.
· Participated in the production finance meetings,
· Experienced in claiming and receiving domestic & foreign TV film tax credits
· Contract management alongside the legal director. When DSP engaged a Canadian company on a co-production project we ran in Canada, I worked through the contract in order that the structure was set up correctly to ensure the tax credit was achieved.
· Led the company audits, both statutory and individual programme audits.
· Produced and reported the management accounts to group at month end, including variance analysis.
Darlow Smithson Productions Limited
Financial Accountant100+ Employees 2007 - 2011
· Assisted in the company sale, extracting information & presenting in a format that could then be delivered to potential buyers
· Led a project to move accounting software systems, updating my finance team on progress & gained their input on how the new system would work, Organised the training, testing & feedback for the finance team. Analysed & manipulated figures to fit/feed into new reports.
· Business partnered with 2 departments within the company, increasing efficiencies, setting budgets & reported on variances.
· Prepared statutory accounts, liaised with auditors, and tax advisors
· Assisted consolidation of group accounts for the parent company.
· Produced the month end for various departments, including variance analysis, prepayments and accruals, fixed asset register maintenance
· Reconciled & analysed balance sheet & profit and loss accounts at month end
· Produced cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis to submit to senior management
· Calculated quarterly VAT returns and produced P11d’s and PAS tax work.
FCCA (Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
BA (History) from the University of East Anglia
3 A Levels (grades A-C) and 10 GCSEs (grades A*-C) achieved at Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys
Clubs and Associations
Joint President of Northern Lights Toastmasters
Interests and Hobbies
Football, skiing, music, travel and reading